WADEC - Our Mission
To train service dogs to assist people with disabilities in Western Washington. Currently, WADEC serves people with disabilities including mobility issues and hearing impairment. WADEC serves both those who are in need of an assistance dog and people who have a dog that they would like to assist them. The primary goal of WADEC is to increase independence, self- determination and community inclusion for people with disabilities. WADEC does this by matching people with special needs with dogs with special abilities and providing ongoing training and placement support.
WADEC is your assistance dog specialist and:
- Provides training with puppies and rescue dogs for placement.
- Provides all services in line with our Vision and Values
- Assists handlers in training their own dogs so the they can become more independent.
- Services Western Washington with trained assistance dogs.
- Needs you to get involved
- Is a resource for families that have received an assistance dog from us for the working life of the dog.
WADEC - Core Services Flow